This week’s assignment was to make mount a motor and mount something to the motor. I'm making an audio board for my PComp midterm so I ordered the slide potentiometer from SparkFun.
The kit comes with a motor mount but I still needed something to put on the knob. So it was quite serendipitous that I found these "synth knappers" for 35 Danish krones (~$5). I'll have to play around with the knobs when I get back, but judging from the pictures of the slide pot, it looks like I'll be able to get the knobs to fit.
updated on 10/26/16
Here's the final result:
Turns out that the knobs didn't fit, so I had to use an X-acto knife to knotch out some of the interior to fit the pot's mount.
Next, I contructed the LED circuit and connected it to the pot. Since I was running short on time (even though I ordered the slide pot last Thursday and paid for expedited shipping, Sparkfun still didn't deliver the package until 5pm today :/ ) I just went for a cardboard box. The final step was to put everything into the box and close it up.