20 Feb 2018
This week I finished setting up the site. I installed a fresh version MediaWiki and, more importantly, implemented all of the necesssary anti-spam measures. The last time I did this, the site was taken over by spammers and I had to delete the site because it was raising red flags as a security risk to the NYU network. Lesson learned!
I also installed some of the core templates, modules, and extensions for Mediawiki. These are the hundred of subcomponents that, taken together, enable the basic (and advanced) functionality of a wiki — such as auto-generated citation lists, special formating for non-Latin characters, Harvard style outline for the table of contents, etc, etc.